What you will do if you lost your data just because of corrupt USB devices? No need to worry anymore You can recover your deleted files as you can do it by yourself on your computer. So you do not need to go to data recovery centers, looking for data recovery services from specialists. here, are some methods to recover your files from the corrupted USB drive; Let’s Go:-
How to recover files without using any third party tool:
- Firstly, insert your USB drive on your computer and right click on my computer then select the option “Manage”,
- Secondly, after clicking on manage computer management panel will open up and now you select option named “disk management”,
- After that right click on Disk Management and then choose the option “change drive letters and paths”
- Now you will get to see the options to assign the new drive letter just select your desired letter from the drop down and then click the “OK” button.
- Finally, reinsert your USB drive and check that your computer is recognising it or not , if it failed to do so, then switch to our next step.
Using EaseUS Data Recovery:
EaseUS data recovery Wizard free edition is the card recovery freeware for memory card used by digital camera. It can effectively recover lost, deleted, corrupted or formatted files from various memory cards.
- First of all, download and install the tool EaseUS data recovery Wizard on your windows computer, and launch it. Now, you need to select the files types that you want to recover and click next.
- Now you need to select your USB drive and need to hit the Scan button, EaseUS data recovery will quickly scan for the lost files.
- Once the scan gets completed, you can preview all the recoverable files.
- You just need to click on Recover button to get your lost files back.
Recover All Files From Corrupted Storage Device Using CMD:
Firstly, insert your drive in your computer andsearch “cmd” and Now click on command prompt and select “run as admin” ,Secondly,type Chkdsk H:/f there (here H is the drive letter which can be different on your computer), then files and folders verifying process will start in percents there. When it is done, you should see this in your command window. if your USB drive was corrupted then the recovered data will be stored in the directory Lost.dir in your USB drives. [if you see no items on your USB drive then just type “.” (dot without quotes) in a search box top right corner and hit enter].
With these methods you can easily recover your drive,if you are still facing any problem then let us know in the comments below & don’t forget to follow TecPhlie for more tech updates.
Last modified: March 3, 2018