You wanted a way to connect Your phone to the internet at work.
There are 2 issues however.
1) The organization/collage doesn’t have a WIFI hotspot,
2) The internet is of course behind a proxy that requires authentication.
So we have 2 issues here that needed to resolve. A WIFI connection to the company internet, and a way to provide proxy addresses and authentication. Now the latest firmware of android does support adding a proxy address, but, oddly enough, no way of adding authentication details.
After digging a bit and reading some sources that require rooting the device, I found what for me is a viable solution, not rooting required!
1. Install Connectify ,mHotspot or any other software that can turn your laptop as WiFi hotspot, you can also create WiFi hotspot using CMD for that click here. Start the WiFi hotspot,set the details like hotspotname , password etc. and launch it.
2. Install CCProxy. It helps you build your own proxy server and share Internet connection within the LAN efficiently and easily.CC Proxy Server can act as an HTTP, mail, FTP, SOCKS, news, telnet and HTTPS proxy server. It features powerful account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, Internet web filtering, content filtering and time control. It also provides web caching, online access monitoring, access logging and bandwidth usage statistics functions.
3. When CCProxy is installed, go to option tab on top.
4. There you will find Advanced option click on it.
5. Go to Cascading tab and you will need to fill your details there ,for my collage the proxy server is 172.25.5.6 with port 3128 is used,you can set as your organization have. Click on need authentication and fill the user name and password .
6.Click OK to save the changes that you made.
7. Finally add the proxy details to your Android phone that CCProxy is using. In above example that is Local IP in CCProxy(In option window of CCProxy) and the listen port, 808. These settings can be found under the advanced options WIFI settings for you phone.
You can excess Internet in all apps including Google Play Store, update all of your android application, system etc.In short you can get internet excess for everything on your android device that your system can .